Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)

How individuals can access a SARC

Anyone who has experienced rape, sexual assault or sexual abuse, regardless of how long ago, can attend a SARC.

Individuals can telephone their nearest SARC to make an appointment or ask someone else, such as a healthcare professional, 111 call handler, friend or family member to do this. Contact details for SARCs are available via this directory of services.

Adults who access a SARC will have the option of reporting an incident to the police. There is no pressure for them to do this and it is their choice to make.

Referrals for children are managed via children’s social care and / or police services.

Information on SARCs and help following sexual assault and abuse is available on the NHS website at